As part of his post-graduate work with the Bruyère Research Institute, Dr. Wade Thompson developed a consult patient decision aid based on the proton pump inhibitor deprescribing guideline. Developed by the Bruyère Deprescribing Guidelines led team of health care and research experts, the evidence-based guidelines are products of quality research and real-world application.
For more information on deprescribing, please refer to our Deprescribing Information Pamphlets section of our website.
- Thompson W, Farrell B, Welch V, Tugwell P, Way C, Richardson L, Bjerre L. Continuation or deprescribing of proton pump inhibitors: a consult patient decision aid. Canadian Pharmacists Journal December 2018 (available online ahead of publication: https://doi.org/10/1177/1715163518816719.
- Thompson W, Farrell B, Welch V, Tugwell P, Bjerre LM. Should I continue taking my acid reflux medication? Design of a pilot before/after study evaluating a patient decision aid. Canadian Pharmacists Journal 2017;150(1):19-23. https://doi.org/10.1177/1715163516679425
In this section
- “Talking About Your Medications” Workshop Series
- Case Reports and Testimonials
- Deprescribing Guideline Symposium Resources
- Deprescribing Guidelines and Algorithms
- Deprescribing Information Pamphlets
- Deprescribing Webinars
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Helpful Links
- PPI Deprescribing Patient Decision Aid
Get InvolvedLearn more
Need more info?Contact us
“To actually flesh out protocols on how to deprescribe – that’s a huge leap forward. I think it’s going to be very useful.”